Princessa's Royal Menagerie

My mess of irrational thoughts

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I could have died

Today in my history/english class I could have just died. We had to write a letter to our Senator or Congressman about Nafta and Chapter 11. I am just not up to par when it comes to this sort of thing. In fact I am at a real disadvantage when it comes to this class as far as the English part is concerned. Most of the students have recently had the teachers for an English 101 class, it has been about 15 years since I had English 101. So anyway, the teacher put my letter on this overhead projector and proceeded to rip my paper apart. I wanted to be somewhere else, that is for sure. The upside of the entire thing was my letter was completely re-written. So now when I go back and re-write it myself I know I will get an A. I still just wanted to die.
The kids are in sports this spring, AJ is playing soccer and Em is playing volleyball. Something else to add into the mix of things. I hope I can keep up. My meds seem do be working well.
No craziness today, I handled the embarassment quite well.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Tidy Bowl said...

WHAT??? That is SUCH a poor way to handle that situation. I mean as a teacher! He should have NEVER put your letter on the overhead! The proper way to handle that situation is to quietly make whatever marks he wants to make on your paper and hand it back to you - no comments to anyone else!

It makes me mad that he did that to you. That was so wrong. But I'm glad things are going well for you otherwise. I'll call you this afternoon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home